Performance Management (PM)
Master the art of performance evaluation and decision-making with the ACCA’s Performance Management (PM) paper, tailored to enhance your managerial accounting skills.
The Performance Management (PM) paper is designed to develop your knowledge and skills in the application of management accounting techniques to quantitative and qualitative information for planning, decision-making, performance evaluation, and control.
The PM exam ensures you can demonstrate your skills in a variety of contexts:
Exam Duration: 3 hours
Exam Format: Computer-Based Exam
Question Types: Objective Test Questions, Multi-Task Questions, and Constructive Response Questions
Total Marks: 100
Pass Mark: 50%
Section A: 15 Objective Test Questions
Section B: 3 Multi-Task Questions
Section C: 1 Constructive Response Question
Management information systems and data analytics
- Management information systems
- Uses and control of information
- Big data and data analytics
Specialist cost and management accounting techniques
- Activity-based costing
- Target costing
- Life-cycle costing
- Throughput accounting
- Accounting for environmental and sustainability factors
- Relevant cost analysis
- Cost volume profit analysis (CVP)
- Limiting factors
- Pricing decisions
- Make-or-buy and other short-term decisions
- Dealing with risk and uncertainty in decision-making
Budgeting and control
- Budgetary systems and types of budget
- Analytical techniques in budgeting and forecasting
- Standard costing
- Material mix and yield variances
- Sales mix and quantity variances
- Planning and operational variances
- Performance analysis
Performance measurement and control
- Performance analysis in private sector, public sector and not-for-profit organisations
- Divisional performance and transfer pricing
- Specific performance analysis issues in not-for-profit organisations and the public sector
Employability and technology skills
- Use computer technology to efficiently access and manipulate relevant information.
- Work on relevant response options, using available functions and technology, as would be required in the workplace.
- Navigate windows and computer screens to create and amend responses to exam requirements, using the appropriate tools.
- Present data and information effectively, using the appropriate tools.
Exam Preparation and Tips
Understand Core Concepts: Ensure a solid grasp of the main cost and management accounting techniques.
Practice Decision-Making: Focus on applying your knowledge to make informed business decisions.
Master Budgeting: Develop a strong ability to prepare and control budgets.
Enhance Performance Evaluation Skills: Be proficient in various performance measurement and control techniques.
Time Management: Practice managing your time efficiently to complete all sections of the exam.